Booking Terms and Conditions
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each workshop description is required at the time of booking and must be sent with the completed booking form.
2. The balance of the tour price is due 12 weeks prior to the departure date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 12 weeks or less prior to the departure date, then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing. The date on which the email is received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total tour price and are as follows:
Greater than 90 days from the start date of the Workshop: full refund minus $300 service fee.
75 days or more: 75% refund
60 days or more: 50% refund
Less than 60 days: no refund
Refunds will be paid by the same method that the original payment was made.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
5. Thierry Bornier Limited reserves the right to alter, postpone or cancel any workshop. Should a cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Thierry Bornier Limited . Should an alteration or postponement become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or keeping your funds in trust with us to use as a credit towards any other tour or workshop in future.
For the avoidance of doubt, as Thierry Bornier Limited is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your flight in the event of workshop cancellation or amendment. You are referred to clause 16 below. In the case of Force Majeure, Thierry Bornier Limited reserves the right to retain monies paid and offer the client a credit for the funds received to use against another tour or workshop in the future.
6. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, viral pandemics, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions
7. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader will be provided. If this is not possible, then the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. The type of workshops we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason, the outline itinerary and workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
11. Thierry Bornier Limited does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, viral pandemic, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
12. Thierry Bornier Limited accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to Hong Kong law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the Hong Kong courts.
13. The Client at the time of making the booking with Thierry Bornier Limited represents that not only the Client but all individuals in the party are fit to travel.
14. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform Thierry Bornier Limited at or before the booking whether it is necessary to make any special arrangements as regards care or assistance with regard to the Client or any individuals in the Client’s party.
15. Thierry Bornier Limited reserve the right to assess whether the Client or any individuals in the particular party can be safely accommodated on the tour. Thierry Bornier Limited have an absolute discretion to refuse that Client’s attendance or any member of that Client’s party on the tour.
16. Thierry Bornier Limited reserve the right to require any Client to produce medical evidence of their fitness to travel.
17. Please note that suitably qualified medical personal does not accompany the Thierry Bornier Limited tours. Neither Thierry Bornier Limited or any of their employees are equipped or trained to deal with a medical emergency or to provide care and assistance in the event of an emergency. If you have any medical condition which may need emergency treatment, then you must disclose this at the time of booking to enable Thierry Bornier Limited to make an assessment as to whether you can be safely accommodated on the tour.
18. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the workshop.
19. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshops), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
20. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
21. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible, we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure from your workshop destination, and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your workshop. In addition, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation of an amount which is reasonable taking into account the circumstances, and which is not covered by the terms of your own travel insurance as per clause 14 above.
22. By completing this online booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who completes the booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
23. Pricing & Inclusions/Exclusions
All products, tours and services offered by Thierry Bornier Limited are valid as per the dates displayed at thierrybornier.com website.
Prices listed on thierrybornier.com are per person, unless otherwise specified.
Prices are based on the local tariff at the time of quoting, converted at the prevailing foreign-exchange rate as determined by Thierry Bornier Limited.
Price quotations are subject to change without notice, until a booking has been confirmed.
Unless otherwise specified, prices do not include any local taxes or use-fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger-facility charges or international transportation tax.
Prices do not include tips/gratuities to tour drivers or local guides; passport and visa fees; baggage and personal insurance; any items of a personal nature; and any beverages or food not specifically listed under “Included” on the workshop pages of thierrybornier.com website.
24. Restrictions on Use
You agree that you will not, and will not assist or enable others to:
- use the site to threaten, stalk, defraud, incite, harass, or advocate the harassment of another person, or otherwise interfere with another user's use of the site;
- use the site to submit or transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- use the site in a manner that may create a conflict of interest, such as trading reviews with
- other business owners or writing or soliciting reviews;
- use the site to promote bigotry or discrimination against protected classes;
- use the site to violate any third-party right, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- use the site to submit or transmit pornography or illegal content;
- use the site to solicit personal information from minors or to harm or threaten to cause harm to minors;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the site or any site Content;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means; use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, "Viruses"); use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site; make excessive traffic demands; use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the site or site Content; remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.